What we are learning about this term:
Our Interdisciplinary Study/other relevant information:
Spelling- Children will have homework relating to their word list for the week.
Numeracy/ Maths - Written task related to class work, Learn Its Challenge sheets and Studyladder tasks.
Reading - Discuss content and reflect on what is read. It is particularly helpful to discuss new and challenging vocabulary with your child and encourage them to work out meanings based on what’s happening in the text.
Talking and Listening – Short talks on a chosen subject. We are encouraging all the children to become more confident and adept at presenting to an audience.
We would ask for your cooperation in ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard, on time and each piece is signed by a parent / carer.
How you can help your child:
* Check and sign your child’s homework diary regularly.
* Encourage your child to put their best effort and presentation into homework tasks.
* Use any books/available resources to find out information about your child’s topic.
* Encourage your child to practise spelling words and Learn Its using multisensory approaches.
* Encourage your child to read a variety of texts and ask them questions about it.
* Help your child to organise themselves with all they need for school e.g. pencil case (sharp writing pencils, rubber, sharpener, ruler and coloured pencils or twistables) homework, letters, P.E kit etc. A Folder for homework and letters is a good idea.
*Use Studyladder or other online sites to reinforce concepts using games.